Practical Engineering were contracted to deliver a full factory upgrade of all processing equipment at Nuplex’s emulsion manufacturing plant in Wacol QLD. The project commenced with a front end engineering design (FEED) study, whereby the client worked closely with our engineering team to identify and define the value in rebuilding existing equipment vs the cost for replacement.
Post feasibility study, Practical Engineering took over a Lead Contractor role with the client throughout equipment detailed design, procurement and site installation works.
Practical Engineering’s project management team coordinated procurement of third party contractors to deliver full project delivery to the client. Our Project Management role included procurement and management of the following:
- reactor R1 change out (tanks and pressure vessels)
- pressure pipework, spooling and upgrade to cooling tower
- access systems and platforms
- asbestos removal and building modification to the emulsions plant
- procurement of electrical, civil and general construction sub-contractors.